Monday, July 22, 2013

Motivational Monday - A Handy Housewife



She has sought wool and linen, and she works at whatever is the delight of her hands.

A capable wife, of course, has many things on her to do list.  These verses list counsel and principles that wives in any age can use for the benefit of their families.  For this verse I can easily see the application for myself.  With the economy always fluctuating and the cost of clothing and furnishings always on the rise, a capable wife learns to be handy and thrifty so that her family is comfortably dressed and presentable.  To reduce the family food bill, she grows what she can and shops carefully.

I always do my best to help my husband where I can.  I used to work a full time job when we first got married.  After many years he rewarded my effort with the ability to stay at home full time.  I wanted to show my gratitude and still do my share.  It is often a joke that the woman spends the man's money.  I agree that is true but I take offense to the notion that I only spend it on myself.  Like the capable wife I value the time and effort my husband puts into providing a comfortable life for his family.  I shop the discount and thrift shops.  I almost never buy full price items when I can avoid it.  I cut coupons for everything.  I set a budget.  I even started my own little shops online to help bring in some extra money.

I have learned many skills over the years and I do many home repairs myself.  I mow my own lawn.  I clean my own house.  I grow my own food.  I have learned to sew and I always ask myself if I can do the task before I look to spend any money.  My husband is aware of my efforts and praises me for them.

Like the capable wife I search out what my family needs and the work that I do is always a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment