Friday, October 11, 2013

What's Cookin' Good Lookin'?

What happened you may have asked once or twice when visiting my shops and blog here.  Well, I have been terribly preoccupied lately.  I have been devoting much time to being a mom.  My baby girl has been changing quicker than ever and now she is seconds away from walking around on her own.  I have been soaking up every moment and basking in the glory that is a stay at home mom.

I haven't forgotten all of you though.  My mind is filled with ideas and inspirations.  My phone is equally overflowing with pictures to share.  My to-do list has many projects left to finish.  Not to worry, I have not forsaken you.  I am always working on a little something here on the farm.  With my darling daughter finding her own freedom it has afforded me some of my own.  Other times I wish I could just strap her into her little swing for a while in my workshop and get some things done.  Sadly, those days are long gone now.

Now I am adjusting my schedule and carving out some time for mommy to get her own business running again.  I am planning a party or two here as well.  I want to host a small gathering for an outdoor movie night.  My husband wants to host a much larger gathering for a harvest dinner.  We will see if we get either done before the year is out.

It is autumn now but there are few signs of a change in the seasons.  It is still very warm during the day and the mosquitoes have not abated yet.  I am excited that we are planning a family trip to attend the craft show this month at Stone Mountain Park/Atlanta, Ga.  I was so deflated when I was much too pregnant to attend last year.  I hope it's going to be cool enough for boots and maybe a scarf or two. Is a puff vest too much to ask for?

I am hoping to get some sewing done and packaging of some product in the next few weeks.  I have been carefully arranging my schedule for at least an hour each day to get some work done.  Unfortunately this week my husband has been very ill and all my plans have gone out the window.

On a happier note, my chicken coop is done.  I'll post later for you to see the major makeover.  I am going to order chicks before it's too cold.  I would love to have eggs before summer.  I have moved our dog Poncho out to the yard.  He is the perfect farm dog.  He barks at anything that doesn't belong on the property and kills potential predators.  Just today he caught a very large garter snake.  Although they aren't dangerous they can eat a chick or eggs if given the opportunity.  Good dog.  Earn your keep.  He has his dog run in the perfect shady spot and his kennel as a dry house in case of rain.  He loves it out there and I don't have to worry about him.  Now if I could just get the other two to stay outside like he does.

My back yard is getting a little bit of a facelift right now too.  We really have been very busy.  I am  getting excited about catching up with all the great things happening here on the farm.  I can officially call it a farm now too since the county has granted us our agricultural exemptions. Woo Hoo!  Now we are more than just a house with a big yard.  We can build our barn and my dream workshop without delay.

Keep checking in and I should hopefully get some posts put up at least once a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment