Monday, September 15, 2014

Who Says Autumn Has To Be Boring?

I last showed you my keeping room updates for the season. Here in Florida fall is not your traditional copper leaves and crisp air. It is still very colorful and warm.  We enjoy swimming in our pool while others are pulling out scarves. 

In honor of our tropical autumn I wanted to show you what my kitchen looks like.  We have a simple color palette of cream cabinets and tan granite. This allow for a splash of color in the accessories. I am inspired by art I bought in the clearance section of the world market a few years ago. 


This double basket storage keeps my seeds harvested from my garden, napkins, cutting boards and all the loose bits that can make a kitchen feel cluttered. 


This little pumpkin was handmade by simpledream2 on etsy. All the pumpkins in my kitchen come from her. They are sturdy and well made and wash up nicely when needed.


Vintage items like the French rolling pin and owl tea towel happily coexist with bright batik pumpkins. 


I made some buntings in a complementary color palette to help bring it all together. Even the mini kitchen got one. 


As you can see autumn has many shades.  My kitchen is fun and bright and the heart of my home.  Who says fall needs to be the same old thing? Here it's all the colors in between and we wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment