Friday, June 28, 2013

A New Perspective for R.K. Finch Design


I recently went to spend some time with relatives in the Midwest.  It was a refreshing experience to say the least.  I was able to pass off some baby duties to eager helpers and get some much needed rest.  I did however keep some routine from home while seeing how they spend their days.  Isa and I spend our time on the porch swing watching the birds feather their nests and sing for their lovers.  We walked daily taking in the sights of the neighborhood around Granny's.  Each day I found new inspiration for my life back home.  Here is a list of things I came up with.  These are all things I look to share with you.

  • Add some personality to my front porch.
  • Grow more herbs and veggies.
  • Improve my home's curb appeal.
  • Reduce, reuse, recycle.
  • Encourage the birds to visit.
  • Curate my collections.
  • Update my living space.
  • Include my own art in the decorations of my home.
  • Show off my family's heritage.
  • Cook from scratch more often.
  • Make every meal special.
  • Entertain my friends.

I have also had time to ponder over my creative outlets and I find new direction for my shops and blog.  I feel like I have so many things to share with you.  I have decided to put more effort into my craft and in turn share more of my how-to and my little world.  Here is what you can expect from my blog starting this July.

Sunday Special - all things food related.  See my inspirations and meals.  Get recipes and see how we eat here on the farm.  It's the little things that keep it special and I'm going to share mine with you every Sunday.

Motivational Monday - ideas and inspirations to ponder over for the week.

Transformation Tuesday - project ideas and things I am working on here at home and in my shops.

Wordless Wednesday - sneak a peek into my world and see things through my eyes.

Throwback Thursday - a stroll down memory lane.

From where I stand Friday - a sampling of things that I have opinions on, and I do have lots of them.

Saturday - I do need some time to collect my thoughts and be with my family so I'll leave this day free for you to catch up on some reading.


Keep up with me here on my blog and browse my shops for all things R.K. Finch or follow me on Twitter and instagram @rkfinch, naturally.

2 comments:

  1. My dear RK and Isa,
    So glad you came to the "wild" midwest and shared your beautiful Isa with us. The porch swing is missing your company. The baby birds have flown the nests. Although my house is quiet I still have the reminder of Isa's footprints on the window. Hugs and kisses to all.........Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting us. We always feel at home when we visit. Keep up with us here. I am hoping to keep a faster turnover on my blog. Things grow and change so quickly here on the farm. I have to keep a record for posterity.... xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete