Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Keeping Up, a Balancing Act of Epic Proportions


It seems like I blink and all my tech is ancient and outdated.  How can this be?  I was on top of the latest gadgets and now I find myself falling behind.  I finally upgraded my iphone and I am loving the updates I can now apply to all my favorite apps.  I am in desperate need of updating on all fronts.  My shops need some serious curation.  My blog could use a face lift and my workshop is a whole 'nother conversation.  I have been so busy working on my home renovations and my pregnancy that I have neglected things for too long.  It's time to dust off the cobwebbs and get back to business. 

I am counting down the weeks left until Baby (she has a name that shall remain secret until her big debut, sorry) arrives.  Seven weeks today actually, for those counting with me.  I am in total nesting mode and since I don't really sleep anymore I am always processing something.  Who needs coffee or caffinated anything for that matter when you are this close to delivery?  I am buzzing with energy.  At one point yesterday I had the roomba running all over the main floor of my house while I ran the standard vac at the same time.  Overkill?  Perhaps.  Necessary? Definitely.  At least in my opinion.  My husband has been wishing for the past few weeks that my nesting kick in.  He is now beginning to regret that. 

We had our baby shower where all of my dearest friends gave us some amazing and practical gifts.  All of which is much appreciated.  I am a practical girl.  I love all things cute and cuddly but I was wishing for lots of diapers.  Seriously.  I am stocking up on all the essentials for baby care.  The laundry room is filled with bottles of Dreft and Downy Free.  I was so excited to get a ten pack of bibs.  My mom is making me some adorable burp cloths too that I can't wait to get my hands on.  Is it too early to put the car seat in the car?  Just trying to get that to do list finished. 

I am hustling to get my husband's business affairs in order for him.  I do all his basic accounting and in the off chance I deliver early he will have to do the end of the year taxes on his own.  It always seems like a dream scenario in the movies when an expectant mother has a due date of New Years Day.  I find that to be shockingly untrue.  I had to take a three hour glucose test today.  If you are unfamiliar it requires eight to ten hours of fasting followed by a disgustingly sweet version of flat orange soda, four stabs of a needle for blood samples and finally freedom to go eat some real food.  I hope I pass this one but at this point I'm just glad to be done testing.  I have an ultrasound at the end of the week.  I am so excited to see how far she's come since week twenty.

I am doing my best to keep up with all the latest and greatest innovations.  I want an ipad mini REALLY BAD.  Maybe for a push present?  I am also trying to keep up with my shops.  I have so much great stuff that I really need to get posted.  I am trying to keep up with my life before pregnancy but unfortunately some things have to give.  Thanks for sticking with me and I hope you keep up with us as our lives change and our businesses grow along with our family.

1 comment:

  1. Savor the moments my dear, the quiet nesting you are experiencing.....now....and later with all the hustle and bustle of a new baby in the house. Wish I were there.

    ReplyDelete