Thursday, March 12, 2015

It all started with a pair of shoes



Like so many moms I have been surprised by the quick outgrowth of clothes and shoes.  The sudden onset of warm weather has brought to my attention that my daughter has sprouted almost as quickly as the new leaves on the oaks outside.  I scurried around this past week scouring the barren shelves at my local stores hoping to find shoes in her size.  In passing I found a few at the Payless shoe store.  8 bucks a pair? I almost squealed out loud. Instead I clutched them like a smuggler moving contraband in hopes no one else would notice the amazing sale prices and I quickly buzzed over to my size.  Lo and behold the clouds parted and I heard angels sing. A cute pair of sneakers in my favorite shade of neon citron for 10 dollars! I picked out one other pair of slip on sneakers but that is another story.  I was so proud of myself and my haul I started thinking how to wear them. 

It just so happened an IG friend of mine (@lofty.closet) posted her newest look using citron.  I got to noticing just how many things I own in this fantastically happy color.  I have everything from bed linens and pillows to handbags, clothes and art all in the same shade.  It got me thinking.  What about a capsule wardrobe?  I have seen so many hip bloggers and Pinterest boards on the subject.  Why had I not tried it myself?  So here is my plan.  I am going to try to complete the month of March using one consisting of indigo and citron. I'll document my combinations and see how it goes. 

I have so little time to dress myself so hopefully this will be a refreshing change from my woeful fashion choices as of late. I used to be pretty good at this stuff but my personal style has taken a back seat as has my beauty and exercise regimen.  It's time to get back in the swing before summer. I deserve to look as stylish, dare I say cute, as my daughter.  What color palette should I do next month? I'm thinking something with radiant orchid.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment