Friday, November 22, 2013

From Where I Stand Friday - The Simple Life

 
This sign called to me one day while shopping at the Joann Fabrics.  It was on sale and I loved the message.  I immediately placed it in my cart and I knew where it would forever live in my home.  I have a space above my front door that was yearning for something special and this was it.  I love to read and sometimes I find that whatever I look at I can't help but read the message.  I find that words are just as beautiful as art.  They can cut to the chase and touch the heart.  This is a reminder for my family as we leave the house and go about our day to not overcomplicate our lives and always be grateful for all that we have.
 
I have begun to add more and more things with words of wisdom around my house.  Everywhere from the front door to the bedrooms has a little subliminal messaging.  I do have some requirements for what I buy.
 
1. I don't bring it home unless I believe the message.
 
2. Color and style are always varying but the message remains the same.
 
3. Will it improve the quality of my life?
 
4. Who needs to see it the most?
 
 What words do you live by?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment