Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Transformation Tuesday - Updated Artwork Made Simple









These two little silhouettes were a DIY project for my half bath.  I like a sense of vintage with a modern twist.  I usually have such a unique idea of what I want I am forced to fabricate it myself.  This was one of those times.


Here you can see the scale of them against the wall and hand towels.  I love the idea of his and hers but that is a little old fashioned for today's market.  Instead I turned to my dear friend google.  Quickly I found two clip art images to trace and transform.


Here you can see more detail of the papers I used.  The silhouettes are actually mounted on foam tape for a 3D effect.


This is the original artwork that was in the frames when I picked them up at a thrift shop for a few dollars.  Not really my style but I really liked the frames and they were in my budget.


This is an original piece I made to fit into a slot on a hanging coat hook of sorts.  I bought it originally when I was deeply in love with French bistro style and chickens.  The piece was still useful but the chicken had to go.  Google gave me the template and I cut out my farmer from various craft papers I had in stock.  You can't see it but he has glitter.  A staple in my personal style.


Here is a shot of my three decorative plates who also needed to lose the dark chicken theme for something more modern and fun but still country.


I spray painted them with a glossy orange from the lowes and glued in more of my paper art.


Here is the cow and sheep in progress. Their papers were chosen purposefully.  I thought modern spots for the cow.  The pattern for the sheep is called ball of yarn by quilters.  Only fitting for a wooly sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment