Saturday, December 27, 2014

Create a custom snack mix

Does anyone else hate all the open and half eaten bags of snacks floating around in your pantry? I find my family opens a variety but never finishes eating the bag. Maybe they get bored or forget it's in there. Whatever the reason I find little bits left in all the bags stuffed in the dark corners of my pantry pullouts.  I have devised a clever way to get rid of all those forgotten goodies. 

It's a simple idea really. Chex and gardettos's are making millions on it. Put them all together. Only this way is cheaper and no one picks out all the bits they don't like since there are none in the first place.

I collected bags of pretzel fish, cheddar penguins, m&ms, animal crackers and teddy graham cookies.  Toss them together gently in a mixing bowl and scoop out a half cup serving into ziploc snack bags.  

Perfect for a snack on the go for my picky toddler and anyone else who needs a little something.

No comments:

Post a Comment