Monday, July 29, 2013

Motivational Monday - Sail Away



She has proved to be like the ships of a merchant.  From far away she brings in her food.

I think this can apply to me in many ways.  In a very literal way I drive 45 minutes to some spanish grocery stores so that I can buy less expensive and specialty meat, cheese and veggies.  I also go about 30 minutes from home to the farmers market for whatever is in season to eat.  I don't have to drive all over creation to do my shopping.  There are two perfectly good grocery stores in my town.  I just have certain preferences and only certain stores can provide what I need.

On the other hand, I feed my family the things we don't have the ability to eat at a restaurant.  Our town is still pretty small.  We have the usual fast food joints and some sports bars with a sprinkling of pizza places and bbq added in.  There really is not an international community here.  I don't count the two chinese take out places as international.  In order to give our diet some ethnic flair I have to scour the aisles and collect some recipes from our favorite places.

I shop the big lots for interesting sauces and ingredients.  We love to eat Greek, Indian, Arabian, Mexican, all manner of caribbean food, Italian, Asian.  You name it and we have probably attempted to make some regional dishes.  Our daughter will never lack a cultural education.  We share the world with her and all it's many flavors one dish at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment