Thursday, February 26, 2015

Welcome Home Spring


Depending on where you live if it's winter there you are probably under deep snow.  I don't envy you my friend.  I am a southern girl who enjoys the occasional frost but no snow shovels required here.  We have had a very warm winter which gets me dreaming of spring.

I have been planning my garden and collecting seeds.  I got a few cotton seeds given to me and I am anxious to get them planted.  We have had one really cold night with extended hours below freezing but by the weekend we were back in the 80s. 

I have sprinkled my row of zinnia seeds for what I hope to be a dazzling display like last year along my driveway fence.  I got a ridiculously good deal at the end of summer on more seeds so I have enough to really make a good show all over my property.  At .02 cents per package how could I not buy them all?

I hope to include a cutting garden as well as veggies this year.  My little one has a soft spot for picking flowers and I would like to give her as many as she can carry.  I have also made plans for her to stay busy when she is outside while I am working.  My parents got her a slide which is the first thing she talks about when she gets up each morning.  I want to make a PVC playhouse and garage for her outdoor toys.  This way she has her own play space in the yard.

We have so many new leaves beginning to peek out of the tree tops. The orchard is beginning to blossom. Birds are chirping and making new homes everywhere on the farm.  My in-laws are buying a house down the road so there are new beginnings all around.  It seems everyone is coming home this spring.  All these changes are exhilarating and hopefully bring us much joy in the season ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment