Monday, March 30, 2015

Getting my groove back

I have taken time off for motherhood and spring time farm chores but this week I was able to help a sweet friend of mine have a wedding shower.  She loves peacocks and I just so happened to have  a whole collection of supplies to help make her day fantastic.

I only had to add a few bits from the store to complete the look. I worked with some decor provided by the mother of the bride and some great ideas inspired by Pinterest.


Washi tape and self adhesive rhinestone trim made these plain glass cylinders look glamorous for just a few dollars.

Adding flowers, peacock feathers and a bit of sparkle and the centerpieces were ready.


Spray paint made plastic utensils and disposable serve ware more appropriate to the theme. 


Baby food jars with painted and papered lids were filled with balsamic vinegar, minced garlic and Italian herbs.  A small bottle of olive oil and a basket of bread kept the guest happy before dinner.  


Using a photo of the happy couple as part of the decor helps set the mood.  Love was in the air for my friends.  May they live happily ever after.  Now that my creative juices are flowing I just may have to get some crafting done for myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment