Monday, July 1, 2013

Motivational Monday - A capable wife who can find?



I am a God fearing woman as you all know.  I am an avid bible student and I do my utmost to live by bible standards.  One of my favorite scriptures is Proverbs 31:10-31.  If you ever wonder what kind of wife you should want to be this is it.  It's like a checklist for me to constantly keep making adjustments in myself.  A goal of sorts.  I am going to share verse by verse each week and maybe you too will be motivated like me to be the best woman, wife, mother, person you can be.

A capable wife who can find?  Her value is far more than that of corals.

Isn't that true.  Any one can see finding a good woman these days is difficult.  When you find one she is highly revered.  They are set on a pedestal as a model for all women.  Look at the likes of Martha Stewart.  She made being a house wife an honorable job again.  Don't you wish your laundry was folded perfectly like hers?  Or maybe your garden was weeded like hers.  I wish I had time for hobbies like her.  Bee keeping, sewing, crafting, canning, etc.  You name it and she does it.  All with help of course but still.  It's something to strive for.  Even a little bit of what makes her so amazing added into my life is something to be proud of.  Doesn't a good home cooked meal feel better with a cloth napkin?  Am I right?  Maybe I'm crazy but I think society still applauds a good wife.  In a world where divorce is more than common, it's expected, being a woman valued like corals is a rare as the treasure itself.

So this week, I am keeping in mind that what I do at home has value.  The work inside the home helps those who work outside it.  It also shows them that we care and appreciate all that they do.  Clean sheets, pressed shirts and a hot meal says I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment