Friday, July 19, 2013

From Where I Stand Friday - Pull Yourself Together Already!


                                  


Another week has gone by and I am getting better at this blogging thing.  I have done some reading of other blogs and been inspired by the pioneer woman.  I love her show and her p.o.v. (point of view) but this was the first I read her blog.  I am overwhelmed at the possibilities of it.  Maybe someday mine will be filled like hers with possibilities.  For now simple is the way for me.  I was inspired by her writing style.  Personal, witty and interesting.  I hope I offer the same quality as she does.

So, this week has been full of ups and downs. Baby got her fourth tooth and I fear is working on another.  I have been going fast and furious this week and by Thursday I was ready to pull my hair out.  Burn out is a beast.  I took a breath and reevaluated my priorities.  I made a list of the things I want to accomplish in the next few weeks.  Here it is.

1.  Organize our bedrooms.  I am shifting some furniture around and making some room.  I am also adding the pictures into my room one by one.  Redecorating for the seasons always makes me feel better.

2.  Redecorate our family room.  Baby is getting ready to crawl so a mobile infant requires more room and safety features.

3.  Organize my kitchen.  We are doing more recycling and composting.  Those things require sorting and sorting needs containers.  That means shopping.  Woo hoo!

4.  Modernizing our dining room.  I have seen some torn paper art online that I adore but it is not in my budget.  Maybe I'll try my hand at making my own.  

5.  Exercising.  I have adapted my diet but since I have been back from vacation I haven't been walking as much.  It has been scorching and mosquito infested outside.  Then I threw my hip out.  Excuses, excuses, time to get back to it.

Baby girl got up before 7 am  so already today we have done breakfast, walked the loop, and now she's down for a nap.  All before 9 am.  What a day!  I hope that I can get back into a routine and feel good about myself.  I have so many projects to finish around here but I'll start with this small list.  Something easy to accomplish.  

Until next week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment