Thursday, July 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Soul Sisters


                 


I have been sifting through old photos looking for ones I want to hang in my bedroom display.  I came across this one and I vividly remember this vacation.  Many times my family has gone camping.  Some times it's been in Missouri but there was always Wooster Lake.  We would drive all the way up there from Florida to meet up with relatives.  Camping with my cousins was always an adventure.  We spent all day playing by the water and catching up on all the gossip like little girls do.

Despite being 1200 miles apart we were almost like sisters whenever we got together.  We often had the same hairstyle and wardrobe which tickled us to no end.  Still we live so far apart and each have our own families.  We are still connected in a deep way despite the separation.  She has married one of my very dear friends and they have two adorable little girls of their own.  We keep in touch as best we can through social media and the occasional text message.

When either of us is in town we always do lunch.  We catch up on all the gossip like girls do and even occasionally sport the same hairstyle and fashion.  Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment