Thursday, July 11, 2013

Throwback Thursday - A Shared Passion


I'm not sure how far back this photo goes. I had to be under the age of 10.  This is me and grandpa at his house in Chicago.  He showed me what it was like to work at a meat packing factory. That was before the shows that take you behind the scenes of how your favorite products are made.  I thought it was awesome to see huge racks of bologna and smoking rooms for cold cuts.  I remember working in his garden.  I think he helped foster my love for food, farming and knowing where it all comes from and what kind of work it takes to produce these things.

I miss him now and wish he were here to give me pointers when I grind my own meat and make my own sausage from pigs I raised myself.  Thanks grandpa for sharing your love and passion with me.  I promise to pass it on to my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment