Friday, July 12, 2013

From Where I Stand Friday - Is It That Time Already?

I have been out and about this week and I realize that summer is half way gone.  I am seeing the clearance of bathing suits and beach gear.  Pumpkins and autumn decorations are creeping in to the shops.  It catches me off guard.  Didn't I just put that stuff away?  How can this be?  My baby girl is six months old now and is working in tooth number four already.  She has been enjoying new foods every day and I realize time has flown by me at lighting speed.  I was justing getting into the swing of things and it's time to change it up again.

I had my first full night of sleep in months this week and I missed the sound of a crying newborn.  I say full night but I woke up on schedule.  She didn't.  As I lay in my bed waiting to hear her I realized that those days are gone.  So quickly she has changed into a big girl.  She wants to do everything herself and I can't believe how quickly she is outgrowing her clothes now.  

I am enjoying and documenting every moment as if it were the last of it's kind.  My poor phone had over a thousand pictures on it with new added daily.  I understand how mothers quickly have another baby. It's all over so quickly you feel like if you don't stop and watch you will have missed it all.

I am enjoying watching her grow and change every day, like the seasons.  Soon we will be back to where it all started on a cool winter day only we will have this amazing little girl in our arms.  I am truly grateful for all I have in life.  I want to protect and cherish it.

Too soon it grows and changes and leaves you to wonder where the time went.  

No comments:

Post a Comment