Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Finding My Happy Place

It has been far too long in between this and my last post. I am a woman who wears many hats as I am sure most mothers are.  I have been working to keep things what they were and hoping to simply add another small person to the mix.   I find now that there is a grand transformation that happens when you have children.  I struggle to fit all my activities into one day.  Instead of burning out I have decided to clear out.  I am unloading my extra things that weigh life down and only keeping what is important.  I have begun to simplify the way we live so that there is less time spent curating and maintaining things and more time to do what I really want.  If I am to have the time to reconnect wii my blog, my business and myself I must first lighten my load.  I can't blame anyone but myself for it.  I have decided to carry this baggage for too long and deluded myself into thinking I can balance it all.

I must come to grips with aging and all that goes with it.  I hope to set a good example for my daughter and this transformation will take time.  Until I have reached my goals I must remember to take each day at a time.  Each day has it's own anxieties.  I hear the words but find it difficult sometimes to remember and apply the counsel.  Autumn is just around the corner and I am taking the opportunity to shed the old personality and start again new.  

I look at my daily life and I find that working hard to maintain what others find beautiful sometimes robs me of the joy in doing it.  I am inspired to live simply.  Find happiness in my everyday.  Beauty comes.  Remain grateful.  Live a purposeful life.

Well, no time like the present to make something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment