Friday, September 26, 2014

Amazing Autumn Welcome


Okay, so amazing might be exaggerating a bit but I love the feeling it evokes. Walking in to a home that smells like baking goodies and is warm and comfy is so relaxing. This is a busy part of the year for many and I am no exception.  It's time to plant my winter crops and I am in a rush now to complete the house so I can go outside. I got the inspiration to add a bit if dark blue to my space.  I started by using things out of my stash. 
This is my pillow that is inspiring the palette.  I really want a tartan plaid in the space too but I have yet to find it. 
Some snippets of ribbon, Pom Pom trim and feathers collected from the henhouse  decorate my entry mirror and set the tone.
Don't they look like little turkey feathers? These awesomely realistic leaves are a garland I picked up at big lots for 8 bucks. Amazing, I know. 
These little cuties are my daughter's addition to the space. I had to add feet to the orange stool since she pushes it all over the house.  That is also her favorite pumpkin which I lovingly refer to as the pumpkin of power. She feels it helps her be super strong. Who am I to argue? 
I have also put out some of my vintage books. I like to collect for color but also interesting topics. A book on etiquette can come in handy. 

So that's a few "AMAZING" things I've been up to this week. Anything extra that gets done when the family has been sick and the toddler is teething qualifies as amazing. Just saying....

No comments:

Post a Comment