Sunday, October 19, 2014

From my front porch looking in....

The fall has officially arrived here at the farm.  I see the confetti of leaves falling again and I think how quickly the time has passed.  The world is ready to start again renewed and fresh.  It inspired me to do the same to my outdoor spaces.  This is where I spent my time this evening.  I went to Home Depot and found some amazing Edison bulb sting lights for $20 each. A few heavy duty staples and the mood is set.  Then off to the walmart for some flowers and plants and it's almost done.  Bringing the indoors out with a few pillows and a throw, even a lamp ties all the spaces together beautifully. It's a funny thing in the country. The few neighbor close enough to see don't have many lights.  When I turn on the porch lights the world goes dark and disappears.  Everything past the picket fence goes away and we can focus on each other for a while. I can't wait to spend all my cool autumn evenings out here on the porch swing enjoying good coffee and good conversation with friends. If you're in the area stop and sit for a spell.  I'll leave a light on for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment