Saturday, January 3, 2015

Indian food made easy


I made my goal this week to be intentional about what we eat.  I planned out dinners and so far so good.  Saturday was planned out solid so a little forethought had to go into dinner prep. Pizza is an easy go to when you are tired.    The night before we made the yogurt marinade for our tandoori turkey and let it sit in the fridge until time to cook.  The carrot salad is a simple steamed carrots, ginger, lime juice, cilantro and the hidden gem, seame oil and toasted sesame seeds.  The lentil and red beans is a premade package from World Market.  Heat and eat. The rice with chickpeas is the same. Seeds of change makes a variety of flavors.  This one was Indian blend.  90 seconds and dinner is served.  

I am by no means a food blogger but this was definitely a meal worth putting forth a bit of effort.  I had to share so as to keep myself accountable.  I am setting my goal one day, one week, one month at a time.  

It's early yet but I am hopeful that I can continue on the path to better eating and in turn forming better habits over all.

Next is my clutter busting.  Oh dear me.  That will be the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment